- coming events
- buy tickets
- our history
- about us
Undergraduate studies in music at the Melba Conservatorium majoring in voice and went on to Post Graduate in 1998 at the Victorian College of the Arts Opera Studio.
Performed with the Kirov Opera Company at the Melbourne Arts Festival 2001(Fiery Angel, Melbourne Chorus). Sang at the Melbourne Arts Festival 2000(Pentecostarian, a contemporary sacred composition for voices and reel to reels).
Performed excerpts from the following musicals and operas
- Show Boat, Auntie Sues 1998
- The Ruins of Athens (Beethoven), National Theatre St Kilda 1998
- South Pacific, Auntie Sues 1998
- Die Fledemaus, VCA 1999
- Falstaff, Grant St Theatre 1999
- The Barber of Seville, VCA 1999
- Don Pasquale, VCA 1999
- La Boheme, Chapel Off Chapel 2000
and performed roles in the following opera productions
- May Nights, Grant St Theatre 1999 as the Mayor
- Bohemios (Amadeo Vives), Chapel Off Chapel 2000) as Victor
- English Eccentrics, Monsalvat, Eltham 2000 as a schizophrenic (many characters played)
- Rusulka, Grant St Theatre 1999 as the onstage Hunter
Performed with the Melbourne Chorale and Melbourne Symphony Orchestra mainly under the direction of John Dingle and Markus Stenz works including:
- Carmen Jones, State Theatre 1999) (chorus and spoken parts)
- Seven last words from the cross (James MacMillan) St Pauls Cathedral 1999 (Baritone Soloist)
- Mozart’s Requiem (Victorian regional tour with the above piece 1999)
- Hyden’s Creation, Melbourne Concert Hall 1999
- Bach’s B Minor Mass, Melbourne Concert Hall 1998
- Faure’s Requiem, Melbourne Concert Hall 1998
Currently performing with Astra Chamber Chior under John McCaughey and studying the role of Zurga from the Pearlfishers. Sung at St Michaels in Melbourne leading the Bass Section under the direction of David MacFarlane.
Part of a Vocal Trio for three years (1998 to 2000) called Il Groupo which performed a variety of works from Christmas Carols to Spanish, Italian, and English Madrigals. Sang at St Peter’s Eastern Hill from 1996 to 1998 as a Bass under the direction of Chris Cook singing both at main mass on Sundays and Even Song. Music varied from William Byrd de Victoria to Stanford/Messiaen
Performed with the Eastern Opera Company under the Musical Direction of John Dingle in their 1998 performance of Carman.